The message of the gospel is a message of grace.
Brief History of Yellow Creek
Yellow Creek Baptist Church was constituted in 1889 with twenty-eight members. Slowly and steadily, God blessed the congregation with numerical growth and increased its ministry opportunities. By 1937, the church had outgrown its initial structure and added four additional rooms for education. In the 1940s, the church realized the need for an entirely new
building, and completed it in 1949. The Lord continued to enlarge the church, and the congregation constructed a sizeable addition to its facility in 1964 and again in 1970. The present worship center was added in 1984, and a large multi-purpose building containing the church offices, gymnasium, kitchen, and space for education and fellowship was completed in 2008.
The membership of Yellow Creek Baptist Church seeks to follow the Lord Jesus Christ through Bible study, missions andevangelism, and practical ministries to people of all ages. By His grace alone, the Lord has richly prospered the church for over 125 years. The congregation knows that faithfulness to His instructions is the heart of their responsibility and calling.
- Having been led, as we believe, by the Spirit of God, to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior,
- And on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,
- We do now, in the presence of God and this assembly most solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another, as one body in Christ.
- We engage, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, to walk together in Christian love; to strive for the advancement of this church in knowledge, holiness and comfort;
- To promote its prosperity and spirituality, to sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline and doctrines;
- To contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the gospel through all nations.
- We also engage to maintain family and private devotions; to religiously educate our children; to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances;
- To walk circumspectly in the world; to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements and exemplary in our deportment;
- To avoid all tattling, backbiting and excessive anger;
- To abstain from the sale and use of intoxicating substances and to be zealous in our efforts to advance the Kingdom of our Savior;
- We further engage to watch over one another in brotherly love;
- To remember one another in prayer, to aid one another in sickness and distress; to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech;
- To be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation, and mindful of the rules of our Savior, to secure it without delay;
- We moreover engage that when we remove from this place, we will, as soon as possible, unite with some other church, where we carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
Yellow Creek Baptist Church consists of scripturally baptized believers in Jesus Christ who are in substantial agreement with the Articles of Faith as adopted by the church and who are striving to live in accordance with the Church Covenant.
Candidates for membership will be accepted who present themselves publicly in one of the following ways:
- For baptism by immersion as believers in Jesus Christ
- By letter from a Baptist church of like faith and order
- By restoration upon a statement of prior conversion experience and baptism by immersion in a Baptist church of life faith and order if no letter is obtained.